Low Income Energy Assistance for New Hanover County Residents - New Hanover County Department of Social Services
The Department of Social Services will be taking applications for Low Income Energy Assistance for New Hanover County Residents at the Main Library on December 12th.
- Applications will be taken only for households with a person age 60 or older, OR a disabled person receiving SSI, SSA, or VA benefits and receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services.
- Heating bill and verification of ALL household income must be provided at application.
- For eligible households, approval will be based on availability of funds once all application information is received.
- Energy payments are made directly to the heating provider.
Eligible residents can also apply throughout the month of December at New Hanover Department of Social Services at 1650 Greenfield St, Wilmington, NC 28402. Call 910-798-3400 for more information.
Other locations and times to apply are:
- December 7th - Senior Resource Center - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- December 14th - Jervay Community Center - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- December 19th - White Oak Apartments - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
*Bring all heating bill and household income information.
- Tuesday, Dec 12th 2017
- 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Masonboro Room
- Main Library